Under the protection of the Dormition of theTheotokos
Father George Hritz, from his charge in Mont Clare, Pa., continued to serve the spiritual wants and needs of the newly founded parish until 1919.
The priests were served by the original founders as trustees until 1944. In 1944 John Sutack, John Pulinka, and John Kabli were appointed and served until 1948. Then for various lengths of time until 1949 Steve Pulinka, George Leusky, and Donald Yeoman served. Michael lIes and John Boros served as trustees from 1949 through 1986. John Boros continues to serve this year with Cliff KroIl serving his second term with John Boros. These men have faithfully served priest and parish with the many unseen and unheralded labors of keeping the church building in repair and the parish family spiritually supported.
Our industrious ladies of the parish organized to work for the interest and welfare of the church, socially and materially. The present Blessed Virgin Mary Ladies Guild was originally the Altar Society, organized in 1924 and later became the Rosary Society which was organized on June 3,1951. The Ladies Guild, with hard work and cooperation, baking nut rolls, making pierogi and Hungarian sausage, have been instrumental in raising money for the beautification both in the church and social room. The Ladies Guild also sponsors an annual Christmas and Easter bake and the Autumn Bazaar.
Over the years the church has had many improvements. In the late 1950's the outdated basement was converted into a modern social hall. Later additions to the basement included a modern kitchen, bathrooms, and heating system.