On January 28, 1918, with Father Walsh's blessing the inspired faithful met at the home of George Kolcsak to discuss further action. A resolution was passed to raise funds toward the purchase of a lot at the corner of Strode Avenue and Gap Road, the present site of the church. By the grace of God this lot was purchased from the Pine family from donations pledged by the founders in the amount of $800.00. It was further resolved that the newly formed parish be placed under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and was thus named in her honor. Members of the committee for the founding of the parish were:
George Matusan, President, Jeno Szucs, Secretary, George Kolcsak, Treasurer, Michael Petrohoy, Auditor, John Prekup, Sr., George Sokso, Alexander lgnatz, Michael Juhas, Sr., Frank Ferdik, John DeToth and Louis Raytik.
On April 20, 1918, final plans were presented by the committee to the Very Rev. Gabriel Martyak, Lansford, Pa., for ecclesiastical approval. The contract for the construction was let to Richard Kerns.
The solemn blessing of the newly constructed church took place on Sunday, May 4, 1919, with the Very Rev. Michael Balog, Dean of the Cleveland, Ohio area officiating. On May 30, 1919, the charter was formally signed by all 150 families.